Community Preparedness Webinar Series: Update 2011
National Preparedness Month Update
Please take this opportunity to learn about the recent updates to our website and the additional tools we have produced to help support your efforts as National Preparedness Month Coalition Members. For those joining for the first time we will discuss how you can be an active coalition member. National Preparedness Month has grown every year, and with your help, this will be our most successful and coordinated effort to date!
The many disasters happening across the United States, and throughout the world, have focused the public on emergency preparedness like never before. In hosting a preparedness event, you will allow your organization or business to provide your community the opportunity to take action and get Ready. As you know, this year will also mark the ten year anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. As we encourage citizens to prepare we want to focus on honoring the local first responders that keep us safe, promote volunteer programs that help us prepare for, respond to and recover from disasters, and continue promoting the message that preparedness is a shared responsibility with the whole team, including you.
The theme for this year's National Preparedness Month is A Time to Remember, a Time to Prepare.
Learn how you can do YOUR part to prepare America. JOIN US on August 9 for this special Update on the 2011 National Preparedness Month Webinar. This webinar provides a great opportunity to:
- Learn about the new features of the National Preparedness Month Website and how to maximize the new features
- Find out about the additional tools and resources to help make your National Preparedness Month event successful
- Get the new 2011 National Preparedness Month Toolkit and learn how you and YOUR community can GET INVOLVED in making our homes and neighborhoods a safer place to live.
- Find out how you can PLAN EVENTS in your community to raise awareness about emergency preparedness and protect your homes and families from all hazards.
- Learn what you can do to SUPPORT FIRST RESPONDERS in your communities.
Additional information regarding the webinar is below. We look forward to working with you to make the nation better prepared.
Downloads, Links and Resources
- National Preparedness Month Website: Join the Coalition
- White House Office of Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships
- White House Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships National Preparedness Month Blog
- Ready Campaign
- White House Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships for the Common Good (74-page PDF)
- National Preparedness Month Coalition Information Sheet (1-page PDF)
How to view our webinars
The Community Preparedness Webinar Series is conducted via DHS's HSIN Connect system. You do not need to register in advance, nor do you need a HSIN account in order to view our webinars. Audio for this webinar will be broadcast within HSIN Connect; there will not be a concurrent, phone-based teleconference. Questions and answers will be moderated via text-based chat inside the webinar. In order to ensure that your computer is capable of viewing our webinars and webcasts, we highly recommend that you read the below documents and perform the compatibility test prior to the start of the event. In addition, please ensure your computer's speakers are working prior to the webinar. If for any reason you have trouble accessing the system, please send an email to email@example.com.