- FEMA deadline extended to apply to Youth Preparedness Council
- Summit NJ announces CERT training (NJ)
- Free Emergency Exercise Handbook
- National VOAD announces 56th State/Territory Member
- Disaster Preparedness in the Lamorinda Community (CA)
- Montgomery EMA conducts preparedness day (AL)
- Statewide tornado drill during Severe Weather Awareness Week (MO)
- Stevens Institute Leads Project Disaster Preparedness
Citizen Corps in the News
- CERT Training Fires Up March 6 (Foothills Focus Arizona)
- Holt community to train for emergencies (St. Charles, MO)
- Crime Watch discusses recovery efforts
- Issaquah-Sammamish Health Fair is Feb. 8
- Delco seeks Medical Reserve Corps volunteers
- SC4 fire, EMT and paramedic sessions
CERT in the News
- CERT training classes offered in March
- Hamden CERT 2013 Annual Report released
- Northridge Earthquake Anniversary Reminds Importance of CERT Training
- Putman CERT Team aids stranded, heatless during recent Polar Vortex
- Neighbors helping neighbors in CERT training
- CERT hosting February training session
- After 10 years, volunteer revives citizens emergency response team
Key Data Points
- There are more than 1,170 county, local or tribal Citizen Corps Councils and 56 state or territory Councils.
- Councils support education and training in multiple locations with 72% delivering materials or training and demonstrations in neighborhoods, 71% in schools, 63% in workplaces and 53% in places of worship.
- Citizen Corps has five partners: Community Emergency Response Teams (CERT), Fire Corps, USA on Watch, Medical Reserve Corps, and Volunteers in Police Service.
- Find Your Nearest Council | Ready.gov
- 2012 Awareness to Action report
- Personal Preparedness Survey Findings: 2009
- Citizen Preparedness Research webpage
- Emergency Preparedness information
- Sign up to receive Citizen Corps' weekly e-Brief
- Request Trademark Usage
Latest FEMA Blogs:
For more blog articles on preparedness topics, please visit: http://www.fema.gov/blog/Preparedness.
Follow Citizen Corps on Twitter.