2015 National Preparedness Month (NPM)
2015 NPM Theme: Don't Wait. Communicate. Make Your Emergency Plan Today.
September is National Preparedness Month. This year we are asking you to take action now – make a plan with your community, your family, and for your pets. Plan how to stay safe and communicate during the disasters that can affect your community. We ask everyone to participate in America’s PrepareAthon! and the national day of action, National PrepareAthon! Day, which culminates National Preparedness Month on September 30.
2015 weekly hazard focused themes
- Week 1: September 1-5th Flood
- Week 2: September 6-12th Wildfire
- Week 3: September 13-19th Hurricane
- Week 4: September 20-26th Power Outage
- Week 5: September 27-30th Lead up to National PrepareAthon! Day (September 30th )
Digital Engagement Toolkit
- Download the 2015 National Preparedness Month Digital Engagement Toolkit
- Download the 2015 National Preparedness Month Graphics
- NPM Official Hashtag: #NatlPrep
- America’s PreapreAthon! hashtag: #PrepareAthon
- Social media accounts to follow:
- Read the full list of congressional co-chairs