Be a force of nature and Pledge to Prepare for severe weather that could happen in your area. Inspire others to act by being an example and telling them to take the pledge.
Copy this code for the Severe Weather Widget:
Severe weather can happen anytime. In May 2013, tornadoes devastated part of central Oklahoma. This outbreak included the deadliest tornado of the year on May 19 in Moore, Oklahoma. At least 70 tornadoes spanned seven Midwestern states in November 2013.
Know your Risk
Understand the type of hazardous weather that affects you and your family where you live:
Develop an emergency plan based on your local weather hazards and practice your plan.
- Make a family emergency plan
- Be informed about emergency alerts
- Learn more about America's PrepareAthon
Be a Force of Nature: Take the Next Step
- Share your weather preparedness plan with friends and family
- Share your severe weather preparedness tips on social media using the hashtag: #SevereWeatherPrep
Share severe weather videos:
- Community Weather Alerts (FEMA media library)
- Community Weather Alerts (YouTube)
- National Severe Weather Preparedness Week (FEMA media library)
- National Severe Weather Preparedness Week (YouTube)