September is National Preparedness Month. We ask everyone to participate in America’s PrepareAthon! and the national day of action, National PrepareAthon! Day, which culminates National Preparedness Month on September 30. Continue to check back for more information to promote 2016 National Preparedness Month.
2016 Theme: Don't Wait. Communicate. Make Your Emergency Plan Today.
Due to the success of last year’s theme, “Don’t Wait, Communicate” will be returning this September. National Preparedness Month serves as a reminder that we must take action to prepare, now and throughout the year, for the types of emergencies that could affect us where we live, work, learn and worship. Now is the time to talk about being ready and preparing for the unexpected.
2016 Weekly Focused Themes
- Promote NPM: August 28-September 3 Kickoff to National Preparedness Month
Find resources to promote NPM at: www.ready.gov/september
- Week 1: September 4-10 Multigenerational Preparedness
- Week 2: September 11-17 Community Service
Get involved in your community & plan with neighbors.
- Week 3: September 18-24 Individual Preparedness
Take individual steps to prepare for a disaster today like downloading the FEMA app.
- Week 4: September 25-30 Lead up to National PrepareAthon Day
Be counted and register your preparedness event for National PrepareAthon Day!
Social Media Content
- 2016 content coming soon
- Share social media content from the all new 2016 Seasonal Preparedness Social Media Toolkits
Hashtags & Emoji’s
- #PrepareAthon if you are conducting a preparedness exercise, tabletop discussion, or sharing a preparedness-in-action moment.
- Feel free to add emoji’s (the little pictures on your mobile phone keyboard) to your social messages.
Graphics, videos, & related links
Check out tips and ideas to promote preparedness content. For more engaging content, attach graphics that are sized appropriately for specific social media posts (i.e. Twitter & Facebook).
- 2016 logo coming soon
- Copy and share our web content; just reference the Ready Campaign or America’s PrepareAthon! as the source.
- Don’t forget to include emergency preparedness messages in your email signature, monthly newsletters, or other messaging tools
- Share public service announcements and instructional videos
- Print, share, or order FREE emergency preparedness publications
- Download the FEMA app for disaster resources, weather alerts, and safety tips
- Sign up for monthly preparedness text messages: Text PREPARE to 43362 (4FEMA) to receive monthly preparedness tips. (msg/data rates apply)
- Watch: Don’t Wait 60 second public service announcement on YouTube or Download
- Watch: Don’t Wait 30 second public service announcement on YouTube or Download
- Watch: Don’t Wait 15 second public service announcement on YouTube or Download
- 2016 co-chairs coming soon