National Preparedness Month (NPM) is recognized each September to promote family and community disaster planning now and throughout the year. As our nation continues to respond to COVID-19, there is no better time to be involved this September.
The 2020 NPM theme is: "Disasters Don’t Wait. Make Your Plan Today."
Learn more about each week by visiting Ready.gov.
- Make A Plan: Know how to prepare for disasters that include how you will communicate with family and friends during disasters, reviewing insurance papers, and much more.
- Build A Kit: You’ll need items to survive during a disaster that includes supplies you may need at home as well as a go kit of items you may need if you must evacuate quickly to a safer location.
- Prepare for Disasters: Find out the best way to limit the impacts a disaster may have, like having the right insurance coverage or what can you do to your home to make it stronger and more resilient.
- Teach Youth About Preparedness: Take the time now and talk with your children to reassure them. Teach them lessons on preparedness. Make family preparedness a fun annual event.
Graphics, Videos, and Related links
For more engaging content, attach graphics that are sized appropriately for specific social media posts (i.e., Twitter & Facebook).
- View and share videos and graphics the Ready Campaign created with the CDC to stay safe during the coronavirus.
Print or share FREE emergency preparedness publications
Download the FEMA app for disaster resources, weather alerts, and safety tips
Sign up for preparedness text messages: Text PREPARE to 43362 (4FEMA) to receive preparedness tips. (msg/data rates apply)
Remember to include emergency preparedness messages in your social media, email signature, monthly newsletters, or other messaging tools